2016-PRESENT — LEVI STRAUSS & CO. — GLOBAL COPY DIRECTOR
- Ensures a strong, recognizable and relevant voice for the brand is communicated and executed across all marketing touchpoints and is consistent with the brand identity.
- Edits all marketing copy across channels, including levi.com, emails, videos, windows, in-store, print, packaging, wholesale and social media, ensuring brand cohesion.
- Leads a team of copywriters in the creation of best-in-class marketing content.
- Owns, manages and continually refines copy guidelines to coincide with major brand shifts and/or seasonal requirements.
- Maintains strong strategic relationships with channel partners to stay abreast of developments in strategy, objectives, testing initiatives, data and analytics, and retail/wholesale/e-commerce sales and performance.
- Partners with marketers, art directors, designers and project managers to develop fresh concepts and storytelling ideas that accomplish brand objectives.
- Demonstrates global cultural sensitivity with regard to content crossing global borders and leverages consultant resources, as needed.
- Works with external vendors to provide creative feedback on outsourced projects and communicates brand updates as needed.
2014-2016 — NORDSTROM — DIGITAL COPY MANAGER
- Led a creative team to execute roughly 20 campaigns, 300 emails, 30 external ad sets and 200 pieces of site content per month, focusing on brands, trends, sales and more.
- Directly managed eight e-commerce marketing copywriters, providing daily assignments, copy edits, high-level goals, creative guidance, career mentorship and workload balance.
- Delivered innovative solutions to business challenges, partnering with marketers and site merchandisers to drive demand, increase engagement, acquire new customers and retain existing customers.
- Absorbed a 30% increase in content each year by adjusting creative processes to maximize efficiency.
- Operated with a mobile-first mentality, aligning across all channels including print, social media, video.
- Partnered with creative strategists, fashion directors, catalog editors, design managers, video producers and social media specialists.
- Audited, evolved and protected the Nordstrom brand voice globally and divisionally.
- Improved analytics by regularly conducting A/B tests for site content, emails and ads.
- Tracked workloads and streamlined communication by devising, building and maintaining a shared online editorial calendar of campaign assignments, vacation time and other milestones.
- Created training materials on writing multichannel campaigns and SEO-driven videos.
- Trained new copywriters and copy managers.
2012-2014 — NORDSTROM — SENIOR COPYWRITER
- Served as the lead online copywriter for designer, contemporary, weddings and cross-category divisions, including launch campaigns for Alexander McQueen, Topshop and Miss Wu.
- Wrote hundreds of emails, site placements, externals ads, blog posts and large, multi-channel campaigns.
- Mastered the Nordstrom voice across all divisions, infusing copy with compelling, SEO-driven verbiage aiming to inspire and motivate fashion-loving consumers.
- Attended New York Fashion Week to review and photograph runway shows, backstage and street style for Nordstrom’s blog, The Thread.
- Partnered with designers, marketers, site merchandisers and project managers to create innovative online experience that drove demand, acquisition, retention and engagement.
2007-2012 — TIGER OAK MEDIA
- Editor-in-Chief — Minnesota Bride, Wisconsin Bride, Arizona Bride
I provided overall creative direction for three regional wedding magazines. This entailed overseeing roughly 60 contract writers, stylists and photographers, as well as an in-house designer, web editor and interns. I managed editorial and production schedules and budgets; conceptualized and edited photo shoots; assigned, wrote and edited copy; attended industry events representing the magazines; and spoke on camera, stage and radio to promote the magazines' endeavors.
- Senior Fashion Editor — METRO
I wrote and edited monthly fashion-, beauty- and shopping-related articles and features, working with the editorial, art, sales, production and circulation departments. I also conceptualized, edited and styled photo shoots; attended New York Fashion Week and other industry events representing the magazine; and maintained a blog on metromag.com.
- Managing Web Editor
I conceptualized and led the complete redesign of mnbride.com, wibride.com, arizonabridemag.com, seattlebridemag.com, orbridemag.com. I also assigned, edited and implemented copy; created slideshows and e-newsletters; and managed the assistant web editor and freelance bloggers.
2006-2007 — MINNESOTA PREMIER PUBLICATIONS — STAFF WRITER
- Wrote 4-5 stories per week for the Southwest Journal and Downtown Journal covering transportation, parks & recreation, shopping and the arts.
- Created slideshows and videos to coincide with articles; wrote weekly blog posts.
2004-2006 — VILLAGE VOICE MEDIA, UTNE READER — INTERNSHIPS
- Wrote features stories on fashion, music, art, technology, nightlife, health and culture.
- Proofread, fact-checked and helped develop editorial lineups; contributed photography.
- B.A., Communication Studies and Creative Writing
- creative direction
- marketing & advertising
- leading others
- brand strategy
- tone/voice stewardship
- digital storytelling
- online retail
- social media strategy
- multi-channel campaigns
- copywriting and editing
- quick decision-making
- attention to detail
- positive attitude
- questioning the norm
- thinking outside the box