2016 - PRESENT — LEVI STRAUSS & CO. — GLOBAL COPY DIRECTOR
- Contributed to 9% revenue growth of $4.5 billion brand by developing fresh marketing campaigns and storytelling ideas in collaboration with executives, marketers, art directors and project managers.
- Achieved global brand cohesion by editing marketing copy across all channels: levi.com, emails, paid media, videos, windows, in-store, print, out-of-home, packaging, wholesale, social media and radio.
- Revamped the Levi's brand voice into an authoritative, confident tone and led voice execution across all marketing touchpoints worldwide.
- Developed creative strategy toolkits for regional offices around the world for brand campaigns, seasonal releases, collaborations, product launches and special projects.
- Led and coached a team of copywriters, providing daily assignments, copy edits, goals and mentorship.
- United a fractured creative team by instituting new ways of collaborating between writers, designers, stylists, etc.
- Maintained a comprehensive set of copy style guidelines, including rules for speaking to each channel, consumer and product line.
- Fostered strong strategic relationships with channel partners to stay abreast of developments in strategy, objectives, testing initiatives, data and analytics, and retail/wholesale/e-commerce.
- Optimized creative processes and workflows to maximize efficiency, meet layered deadlines and improve cross-functional partnerships.
2014 - 2016 — NORDSTROM — DIGITAL COPY MANAGER
- Acted as in-house agency, developing marketing content for brands such as Michael Kors, Topshop, Madewell, Christian Louboutin, Ivy Park, UGG, Charlotte Tilbury and dozens more.
- Led a creative team to execute 20 campaigns, 300 emails, 30 ad sets and 200 pieces of site content per month.
- Managed eight e-commerce marketing copywriters, providing daily assignments, copy edits, goals and mentorship.
- Absorbed 30% increase in content yearly, adjusting creative processes to maximize efficiency.
- Refined, evolved and protected the Nordstrom brand voice globally and divisionally.
- Created editorial style guides and manuals on writing campaigns, emails, ads and SEO-driven videos.
- Delivered innovative solutions to business challenges, partnering with marketers and merchandisers to drive demand, increase engagement, acquire and retain customers.
- Reacted to consumer preferences by conducting A/B tests for site content, emails and ads.
2012 - 2014 — NORDSTROM — SENIOR COPYWRITER
- Lead online copywriter for designer, contemporary, weddings and cross-category divisions.
- Conceptualized and wrote trend guides, branded lookbooks, blog posts, emails and ads.
- Partnered with designers, marketers, site merchandisers and project managers.
- Attended New York Fashion Week to review and photograph runway shows, backstage and street style for Nordstrom’s blog, The Thread.
2007-2012 — TIGER OAK MEDIA — EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
- Provided overall creative direction for three biannual wedding magazines: Minnesota Bride, Wisconsin Bride and Arizona Bride (100-200 pages each).
- Oversaw 60+ contract writers, stylists and photographers, art director, web editor, interns.
- Managed editorial calendar and budget; conceptualized and directed photo shoots.
- Wrote and edited fashion, beauty and shopping features for METRO, a monthly city magazine.
- Conceptualized and led the complete redesign of the Bride websites.
- Served as the face of the magazines, emceeing award ceremonies and runway shows.
2006-2007 — MINNESOTA PREMIER PUBLICATIONS — STAFF WRITER
Beat reporter for Southwest Journal and Downtown Journal newspapers
2004-2006 — VILLAGE VOICE MEDIA, UTNE READER — INTERN
- Editorial internships for alt-weekly newspaper and monthly magazine
- Hamline University, St. Paul, MN
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies, Creative Writing
- creative direction
- marketing & advertising
- leading others
- brand strategy
- tone/voice stewardship
- omni-channel storytelling
- online retail
- social media strategy
- copywriting and editing
- quick decision-making
- attention to detail
- staying positive
- questioning the norm
- thinking outside the box